Thursday 12 February 2009

I thought that....

....not working would have meant that I would be blogging every day. But as you can see, it's not happened. Time has been taken up with lots of Spanish (4 times a week), running, swimming, yoga, entertaining visiting friends, hanging out with island friends, looking after 3 cats and living in a gorgeous 5-bedroom villa while cat-sitting!

I'm 2 weeks away from moving back to London and feeling pretty excited about it! People here keep asking how I feel about moving back and yes, I'm excited! I'm looking forward to getting back and the start of the next adventure. It's my birthday weekend as soon as I get back so I've 3 days of running around seeing friends, celebrating my birthday and also doing a radio show on the Saturday morning where I'll be doing "A decade on the dancefloor" - just hope I can locate my records! I think they're in my parents' attic.

There is a sort of plan for when I move back. I want to write a novel so I've decided to spend the next year on that, working part-time so I've got time to research and write. At the moment, I'm trying to organise trips to Karachi, Dallas and Toronto so I can start the research process. More details on the novel in another post (I always promise to come back and write about things but I never do. However, this is one thing that I will be writing about!). I'm doing a creative writing course from the 20th April so all the travelling needs to be fitted in before then.

More on all of this later, now I've got to go and have an island lunch with a friend. The good-byes have started.....

No comments: