Sunday 15 March 2009

The funny things that remind you of certain people....

It might be a perfume, it might be a song but in the case of my lovely friend Carly, it's those slinky vest tops from Zara that remind me of her. I think she introduced me to them which is why I have such a strong connection between the two.

Carly's over in LA so I don't see her much but think of her often. Our birthdays are exactly six months apart so she is my half birthday soul sister. On my birthday a couple of weeks ago, her Facebook status said that she was thinking of her half birthday soul sister in London, wishing her a happy happy birthday and when I read that, it brought tears to my eyes - the smallest things mean the most.

As I slowly unpack the cases from my recent move back from Ibiza, I come across the slinky vest tops and immediately think of Carly. She's in Austin at the moment at SXSW no doubt having a fabulous time. It's been nearly four years since we last saw each other, I hope I see her again soon!

No comments: