Sunday 26 October 2008

Low Life

I went to the Low Life Halloween party last night and it was ace! But I'm not so sure about the going to bed at 7 and then waking up again at 9 bit. At some point in the next few days, I'm going to crash and burn!

Low Life is an ace party in London that I went to religiously for 5 years. They'd usually be on at Valentines and Halloween and sometimes a summer party and a new years eve party the last couple of years. There's always a theme and we'd be encouraged to dress up appropriately - I have had some fairly risque outfits at Low Life over the years.

After I'd booked the flights to London for Kymani and Elias's birthday, I realised that Low Life woud be the same weekend so I could go to that too. It was fantastic - and it is something I miss living in Ibiza. It has a loyal regular crowd so you'd go to Low Life knowing that you'd always see certain friends. You may never see them anywhere else but always at Low Life. I've made lots of friends at Low Life, just as I made lots of friends through the Basement Jaxx parties in Brixton.

As soon as I arrived, I had lots of people asking about Ibiza and how things were going. It's funny but I got asked by some people who I hadn't even told so curious to know how they knew, through the grapevine I guess.

It was good to be back at Low Life and see so many of my Low Life friends. Ruby and Jenna came too (with respective other halves) and I think they loved it too! It was brilliant mixing my Ibiza life with my London life - without them at the party, it would have just been slotting back into my London life but this added another quality to it.

As always, the music was ace, the vibe friendly and the crowd up for a great time. It was bigger than usual, normally there are around 500 people there but last night there were more in the region of 800. With such a great response for tickets, they increased the venue size and therefore capacity. It was very busy but great!

I saw friends I hadn't seen in years. Including Colin and Duncan, good friends of my ex Will. When Will and I went our separate ways, I wanted to stay in touch with Colin and Duncan as they are such lovely boys. But I thought it woudl be awkward so left it. Seeing them again last night gave me the realisation that perhaps now the time is right to pick up the friendship again.

I had planned to leave at around 2. I ended up staying til the bitter end (as always), dancing around in new shoes with high heels, feet aching but refusing to sit down or stop! Mind you, when the party finished, I couldn't walk but luckily had some flat shoes to change into so I wasn't too crippled.

A truly fabulous night! Low Life - I love you!

No comments: