Wednesday 16 April 2008

Vipassana Meditation

I´m in Barcelona writing this from the comfort of an internet place called EasyInternet.com but it has nothing to do with Stelios. I´m surprised they´re still managing to operate under that name. I haven´t used an internet shop for over a year and I haven´t missed it. The keyboard is awful, all the keys keep sticking and you end up getting very frustrated as you miss out letters and have to go back. Just as well I´m only here for the hour....

Anyway, I digress. I´m in Barcelona, about to go on a meditation retreat for 10 days. 10 full days of meditating, no talking, no looking at anyone else and not very much food. The longest I´ve meditated for is about 10 minutes so I´m curious to see how I get on. I´ve heard great things about the Vipassana retreats so will be interesting to experience it myself. 10 days with no contact with the outside world - no mobiles, no internet, nothing.

I´ll come back and blog after the retreat - now I´ve got to stop using this awful keyboard as it´s driving me crazy!

No comments: