Wednesday 10 September 2008

A thought....

I was writing an email to a friend yesterday and in it mentioned the fact that after six months of plugging away but not seeing any results, things had suddenly fallen into place. When I thought about this later, I realised this isn't exactly the case.

Previous posts show that the first few weeks here I did nothing and took a 3-week rest to recharge batteries. When I started sending emails to estate agents, I quickly got a response from John. When we met, he suggested I contact Alberto and before I had a chance to, I'd bumped into him by accident. About ten days later I went to see him and then started working part-time a few weeks later. Once Alberto was back from Bali, I resumed working with him and a couple of days later, he asked me to run the shop and from there it's snowballed.

So not really the same as plugging away for six months and nothing happening. Things have always been moving in this direction, although I had no idea I'd be where I am, even a month ago. There's a lesson for me to learn here, I'm not entirely sure what it is, no doubt something to do with being patient. Or maybe things were never going to fall into place while I was still unsure about being here. Once that decision was made, things did start to magically fall into place!

No comments: