Friday 26 September 2008

Two weeks have gone by.....



...and I haven't written anything so time for a recap on what's been going on. After my last post, my friend Sophie came to stay for a few days. She'd planned her trip while I was in London and as I didn't know what would be happening with work, I decided I'd take a short break while she was here so I could hang out with her. Luckily Alberto was totally cool with me taking three days off while she was here, I guess only having one day off in about five weeks probably helped my case there.

It was lovely having Soph stay and having time off to hang out with her. Normally when friends are here, I'm in work-mode, they're in holiday-mode and the two worlds just don't seem to mix. Or not mix that well. I'll see friends where I can but if it's at a party, I normally have to disappear at some respectable hour. It's a shame as often I'd like to stay out partying but work is the priority so I'm keeping my very professional head on!

It was like having a mini holiday with Sophie and by the state of me on the first day, one I really needed. She arrived in the early hours of Friday morning and I picked her up from the airport. All day Friday I felt absolutely exhausted and heavy, I think the culmination of working loads with not much time off - I felt like all I wanted to do was sleep for about 48 hours. But it soon passed and I perked up again! We spent days hanging out on the beach and evenings trying out different restaurants. It was much-needed sun-worshipping time for me as I've not really spent full days on the beach over the summer and it suddenly dawned on me that soon it wasn't going to be warm enough to do that so time to catch some rays before the seasons change. We went to Cala D'Hort and that was a first for me. What a beautiful beach - I think it gets my prize for my favourite beach on the island. It's directly opposite the majestic Es Vedra (the third most magnetic spot in the world) and while my local beach Cala Carbo is like a little cove, Cala D'Hort feels vast and expansive. I was mesmerised by the shimmering water and gazed at it for ages - perhaps it was the force of Es Vedra at play! The photos above show Es Vedra from my flat and Cala Carbo beach which is a nice place to hang out for a couple of hours.

I had to go back to work on the Monday while Sophie continued sun-worshipping. Her flight was that night but inbetween me finishing work and Sophie going to the airport, we fitted in a few hours at DC10. I was a bit reluctant to go as I find it too busy and never really like the music but it was fantastic. The music was excellent, not all minimal and bleepy, I thought it was more deep housey - or maybe minimal has changed while I had my back turned for a few years. After a few hours, we dragged ourselves away reluctantly so that Soph could make her plane. So it now feels like I've had a little holiday myself on the holiday island!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

That's exactly what I need...a holiday. Three days of sunbathing, eating in restaurants and partying sounds like heaven to me.

Oh well, maybe next year ;)