Sunday 9 November 2008

Back in London again!

Yes folks, here I am back in London again less than two weeks after I was last here. This time it's work-related - Alberto and I flew in for the Luxury Travel Fair. Although it's a public fair, we're looking for agents to work with for both Marrakech and Bali and thought best to see them when they're all collected together in one place.

Bizarrely, I wasn't as excited about coming back this time as I was two weeks ago. Makes me realise that my moods still fluctuate depending on hormones. It's not anywhere as bad as it used to be but there is a distinct difference in moods at various points of the month. Anyway, I digress, eventhough I wasn't falling over with excitement about this visit to London, driving around some of the most beautiful parts of Ibiza on Thursday made me feel wonderful again - the intense rugged beauty of the place takes my breath away time and time again!

We flew into London on Thursday evening, after a full day in the office and then straight to the fair on Friday. Initially Alberto was going to come on his own but then seeing that it's me who has to liaise with the agents, I decided that I should come too as there's little point in him coming alone and handing me a stack of business cards of people that I then need to build up a rapport with. We blazed our way round on the first day and got everything done, only needing to go back yesterday (Saturday) for a meeting with Music Concierge and for me to catch up with friends who were attending the fair.

It's been great seeing people's reaction to the places in Marrakech and Bali. Although these are both busy markets for luxury boutique hotels, I think our two places really do stand in a class of their own due to the design and interiors. I just hope that now we are actually doing some marketing, that we start to see results - Marrakech needs to be busy all year round and Bali needs to take off and fly from the launch date on. The challenge is on!

Yesterday was also the "nine months in Ibiza" mark for me so as always, good to see what has been done and achieved in that time!

No comments: