Sunday 9 November 2008

Sixteen weeks to go!

It's exactly sixteen weeks to go before my birthday and it's a big one! Yes, somehow I'm going to be turning 40 and I know that means that you're officially old but I don't feel like a nearly 40-year old! I certainly don't feel old and I don't look my age - I've had a couple of people recently guess my age as mid-twenties and when I saw Richard Spring a couple of weeks ago, he said to me "well, you still look like you're twelve and a half!" I appear to have aged in his eyes because before he said I looked like a twelve year old!

I was hoping to turn 40 married and with child or at least pregnant. Unless there is some miracle (and yes, I do believe in miracles!), I don't think it's going to be happening. But I still feel like I want to achieve something specific to mark turning 40 and seeing that most things have fallen into place in my life apart from the married/family thing, I've decided that I'm going to mark 40 by seeing if I can achieve a really flat toned stomach. And an almightly massive party to go on all day long.....

So, I've set myself a goal and a good one at that! Over recent years, I've noticed that my lower belly (ie below my belly button) seems to have a life of its own, one that involves protruding out. It's not a good look, I certainly don't like it so time for it to go. My past attempts at flattening my stomach have been haphazard but now there is a goal! So, ten minutes twice a day, every day until my birthday and lets see what happens! I hope it works, the rest of me is fine and swimming regularly keeps everything toned, everything apart from that belly that is.....

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Belly.....tell me about it! Mine is the same. I often glance down and look at it with wonder at how it got so big and why it sticks out so much. I used to have such a flat and strong tummy.

I do find cutting out milk helps, as does eating bio yogurt and eating a few rennies. I must be full of wind! I just need deflating like a hot air balloon ;)

And not feeling your age....I feel the same. I also hope to have been stuck over the head with a club by some hairy beast by the time I'm 40 but life never pans out as expected. Did you know only half of adults in the UK are married? We are not that abnormal ;)