Saturday 29 November 2008

The world works in mysterious ways.....

I ended up staying at work til around ten last night and then went home and promptly went to bed. This is all due to the lack of heating. After my last post, I think I started feeling more and more fed-up. I hadn't been paid for a while so was down to less than a euro in my purse, I was cold but not as cold as I'd have been if I'd been in my flat. Alberto and Yvonne dropped into the shop at around nine, a bit surprised to find me still there. They must have thought I was very diligent still working until that time - until the penny dropped that I was still there as it was warm and my flat is freezing cold. As the flat is actually rented by Alberto and I sub-let from him, he's meant to be sorting things out there for me. But he has so much on his plate that my place is pretty low down on the priority list. Anyway, I did get a bit grumpy and make a point about no heating, no money. I don't usually do this but frankly I was pretty fed-up.

This morning when I came into work, Alberto said "listen I've been thinking, why don't you move into one of the villas over the winter. It's going to get very cold and they have central heating and are empty at the moment". So once again, I'm going to be on the move (well tomorrow morning). I'm going to leave the bulk of my stuff in the flat and just take essentials with me to the villa. It's not bad, a 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom stunning villa! And it's got an oven which means I can bake and roast and do things like that which is great! Now all I have to do is let my London friends know so they can come and visit while I'm living in such luxury!

No comments: